New Farmers Market in Newburyport!



While heading to Joppa (a gourmet food, cheese, and wine shop in Newburyport http://www.joppafinefoods.com/) to pick up some fresh feta for a salad I am making tonight, I came across an AMAZING discovery - the new farmers market in Newburyport!!! I am so excited! Today was the opening day and it is scheduled to be held every Sunday now through October!!! The market is a mix of local farms selling the most delectable looking produce, local artisans, and gourmet foods. The highlights for me were:

  • Didi Davis Foods - Gourmet finishing salts and sugars, like salt blended with Aleppo pepper, lemongrass, sage, etc. And the name is cute too (Davis)!
  • Copper Moon Studio - Handmade pottery - beautiful, creative pieces featuring natural themes like seashells and different leaf patterns. I didn't purchase anything today but I plan to next time! I wish she had a website so you could check out her work!
  • Kellie Brook Farms - Free range beef, pork and veal. Their beef will be the star of dinner this evening so I will report back on that later.

  • Produce, produce, produce - Lots of different farms selling all kinds of locally grown early season crops, like strawberries, ramps (kind of like a scallion but more garlicky in flavor and very hard to find) spring onions, and more!

Here is the link to the Newburyport Farmer's Market website http://www.thenewburyportfarmersmarket.org/ and to a recent article on the launch of the market http://www.newburyportnews.com/pulife/local_story_162232604.html.

Now you know exactly where to find me on Sunday mornings now through October!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment