Gardening in Small Spaces 3

Today was not a good day for me. My stone planter is complete and the plants have been planted, so today was my first official day of garden maintenance. It did not go well. It started with me touching a slug. Slugs are gross. They are gross to look at, gross to touch, and they leave a filmy, yellow-ish slime on you. Ew. Upon closer inspection of my cucumber plant, I found that Mr. Slug had invited a bunch of friends to the party. Double Ew. I promptly hopped online and found that the only thing I had currently on hand to kill the slugs was beer....good beer. Now Mr. Slug and his friends are enjoying a nice Sam Summer Ale during happy hour.

Mr. Slug & Co. was my first issue. As I was watering the garden my brand new hose/watering wand contraption burst. Not to be deterred I resorted to the good old fashion watering can, and as I was using it the nozzle broke off sending freezing cold water all over me...and my Blackberry resting on the stone wall. I was going to post pictures today but with the way my days is going the camera would probably explode, so I'm calling it a night. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment