The Fishbowl 2




The patio was completed this weekend and I am thrilled with the way it looks and how quickly it was completed! I was most nervous about the layout of the stones because they are all different shapes and sizes, so I had to be very thoughtful about their placement or the edges would not have finished cleanly. Plus, the whole exercise was like putting a puzzle together with 50 pound puzzle pieces, so I certainly didn't want to have to move things around too much. It is rainy here today so the stones are wet in these pictures, but I will post some of the patio when it dries so you can see the true color of the stones. The area around the patio will be dug up to make flower beds once the fence goes in. I can't wait for it all to be completed! When I was getting patio estimates from the landscaping companies there was one man in particular who was extremely rude and condescending to me. He has since been harassing me weekly to find out if I am going to give him the job. I can't wait to call him back this week and tell him the work is DONE and for about 5K less than he would have charged me!

3 comments:

  1. The patio looks great! I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of it this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic... what an accomplishment!

    Look forward to sipping some cocktails on it when the weather cooperates :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to have you guys over for a BBQ when it is all finished! Glad everyone likes mojitos....my mint is out of control so that will definitely be the summer drink of choice!

    ReplyDelete