Cook Once - Three Meals!

After Sunday night's large platter of roasted veggies I had a bunch of leftovers - roasted mushrooms, asparagus, red peppers, red onions and sweet potatoes. I hate wasting food, but I am not very good with leftovers. Yesterday I had a breakthrough and actually used ALL the leftover veggies! For breakfast, I made an omelet with the mushrooms, asparagus, 1 whole egg and two egg whites. For lunch, I picked butter lettuce from my lettuce plants (will go into the garden soon but are growing quite well in pots at the moment), and topped it with the sliced roasted red peppers, red onions, chopped tomato, and tuna. I made a simple vinaigrette of olive oil, champagne vinegar and Dijon mustard for a healthy and filling lunch. Those leftover sweet potatoes? Davis loves them! I gave him a couple as a treat last night and will mix the rest in with his dry food tonight for dinner. I bet leftover roasted veggies would also be great tossed into pasta salad. I will be trying that next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment