Gardening in Small Spaces 4




Here it is....my first ever attempt at a vegetable garden! Here is what I planted:
  • Three varieties of heirloom tomatoes: Brandywine, Eva Purple Ball, and Golden Cherry Tomatoes. I left one tomato plant in it's pot (on the right) because it is doing so well and I think it is a type of tomato plant designed to grow in a patio pot.
  • Green Peppers
  • Zucchini
  • Summer Squash
  • Cucumbers
  • I relocated the basil from the window box herb garden because the mint it was sharing a home with was taking over the whole thing. That stuff is aggressive and grows like a weed....expect to be served mojitos when you visit me this summer!

I checked for slugs today and found that Mr. Slug & Co. apparently hit happy hour a little hard yesterday because they were all floating upside down in a pool of Sam Summer Ale. On the bright side for Mr. Slug, at least his last moments were spent chugging good beer...we should all be so lucky. No new slugs to report (thank goodness) ...maybe the word got out.

No comments:

Post a Comment