Frittata Pan - Williams Sonoma

For years I have struggled with making the perfect frittatas and Spanish tortillas. Somehow no matter how many different techniques I tried (inverting the frittata on to a plate and sliding it back into the pan, broiling, baking, etc.) I could never mimic the pale yellow, golden crusted works of art in the cooking magazine. Mine wound up looking more like Picasso's interpretation of a frittata....tasty, but certainly not going to grace a magazine cover anytime soon. Then I had a life changing experience...I finally broke down and purchased this nifty frittata pan from Williams Sonoma. WOW. The pan is actually two non-stick Calphalon pans that interlock (bonus! use them seperately too!). You start the frittata one of the pans, then after it is mostly set you interlock the other pan to the bottom pan, flip them both quickly, and continue cooking the other side of the frittata. Magical! I am now turning out the most beautiful frittatas I've ever seen - truly magazine-cover worthy. And, oh yeah, they taste pretty darn good too.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/srch/index.cfm?words=frittata+pan

No comments:

Post a Comment