Restaurant Review - Jewel in the Crown (Newburyport)

Jewel in the Crown is owned and operated by the same family as the Passage to India restaurants in the Boston area. It has become one of our favorite restaurants - we were stunned to find such great Indian food out here in the burbs and have recently converted several friends into devotees as well. When people tell me they don't like Indian food, I try to convert them and this is a great place to do it. I even got my parents enjoying some Indian leftovers I brought home! Dry, overcooked meat is the kiss of death for Indian meals for me, but this place gets it just right every time. The food is flavorful and reasonably priced (we always have leftovers too!) and the restaurant is clean with a friendly waitstaff.

Best items on the menu:
Chicken Tikka Masala - I think this is the best I have ever had.
Chicken Saag
Kashmir Nan (Julie turned me on to this one)
Basil Coconut Shrimp or Chicken

Check it out when you are in the area: http://www.newburyportjewel.com/

1 comment: