Julie's Black Bean Salsa

This recipe is courtesy of my friend Julie. I first had it when she brought it up to the island last summer, and tried making it myself this weekend when an impromptu neighborhood lobster bake sprung up at my house. Very tasty and a nice twist on traditional salsa served it with both tortilla chips and pita chips, and I used Frank's Red Hot sauce instead of Tiger because it is what I had on hand.

Big thanks to Julie for sharing this great recipe!

1/2 c. each sugar, white vinegar, vegetable oil
3T Tiger sauce (can usually be found in the hot sauce section)
1/2 c. of each chopped (purple onion, red pepper, yellow pepper)
1 can washed and drained black beans
1 can drained shoe peg corn

Mix together and marinate overnight or for 4-6 hours. Tastes yummy with Tostitos Lime flavored chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment