Gardening in Small Spaces 2


Today was day two of operation vegetable garden. It was a bit of a challenge because the weather couldn't make up it's mind...started off sunny, then clouded over and got very dark, sprinkled a little....then sunny again. All day. This made it tricky to make progress because we were continually packing up and going inside, then dragging all the supplies back out again.
As promised, here is a picture of the project. I was actually very surprised at how easy it was! We purchased the stone from Landscapers Depot and got all the other supplies at Home Depot. I think the raised bed is a good idea if you live near a wooded area because we have a lot of deer and other critters, so I am hoping the face that the bed is so high, coupled with the fact that it is right up against the house, will help keep the critters at bay. Now it's time to let the mortar dry and settle in a bit, and the next step will be to fill it with soil and plant the veggies!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed! You're giving me some confidence to try a similar project so keep the pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed! Your posts are giving me confidence to try a project of my own. Keep the pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bean! I am really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete