Great Picnic Snack - Macaroni Pizza

This recipe takes me right back to being a kid, and whenever I make this dish it disappears in minutes, especially around my family. I know the concept of macaroni pizza sounds kinda gross, but it is actually a very yummy snack and I've found that kids love it. Plus, it packs and stores well, so it is a great option for picnics and beach days. In fact, every single time my family would and I would set off for the 8 hour trek to take me down to Gettysburg (College), my grandmother would make a batch of macaroni pizza to take on the trip with us. Eating this always reminds me of her.



Ingredients

12 eggs

3/4 cup of grated romano cheese

1 stick of butter or margarine (I usually use only 1/2 stick and it still tastes great)

1 pound of angel hair or vermicelli pasta

Optional: Chopped ham or pepperoni, parsley flakes



Heat oven to 350 degrees. Make pasta according to package directions until al dente. Strain the pasta and put it in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the eggs, butter, cheese, and any optional ingredients until well blended. Pour into a 9x13 greased baking dish, and bake 30-45 minutes until the texture is firm and it starts to look golden in hue.

No comments:

Post a Comment